By D. R. F. Taylor,Tracey Lauriault
Developments within the conception and perform of Cybercartography—awarded an Honorable point out in Earth technological know-how on the organization of yank Publishers' 2015 PROSE Awards—examines the various contemporary advancements within the idea and perform of cybercartography and the colossal adjustments that have taken position because the first version released in 2005. It keeps to ascertain the key components of cybercartography and emphasizes the significance of interplay among concept and perform in constructing a paradigm which strikes past the concept that of Geographic info platforms (GIS) and Geographical info technology.
Cybercartography is a brand new paradigm for maps and mapping within the info period. outlined as "the association, presentation, research and verbal exchange of spatially referenced details on a wide selection of themes of curiosity to society," cybercartography is gifted in an interactive, dynamic, multisensory layout with using multimedia and multimodal interfaces.
The seven significant components of cybercartography defined within the first version were supplemented via six key principles and the definition of cybercartography has been prolonged and accelerated. the recent perform of mapping conventional wisdom in partnership with indigenous humans has resulted in new theoretical knowing in addition to leading edge cybercartographic atlases. that includes greater than ninety% new and revised content material, this quantity is as a result of the a multidisciplinary workforce attempt and has benefited from the enter of companions from executive, and aboriginal non-governmental companies.
- Honorable point out within the the 2015 PROSE Awards in Earth Science from the organization of yankee Publishers
- Highlights the connection among cybercartography and demanding geography
- Incorporates numerous new cybercartographic atlases produced in cooperation with Inuit and primary international locations groups
- Showcases felony, moral, consent and coverage implications of mapping neighborhood and standard wisdom
- Features an interactive significant other website containing hyperlinks to comparable websites, extra colour pictures and illustrations, plus very important info to seize the dynamic and interactive parts of cybercartography: http://booksite.elsevier.com/9780444627131/
Read or Download Developments in the Theory and Practice of Cybercartography: Applications and Indigenous Mapping (Modern Cartography Series) PDF
Similar earth sciences books
Utilizing a vast choice of vintage and present assets, The normal background of the Earth probes chosen discussions inside of biology, climatology, geology, and geomorphology and explores a range of debates approximately Earth and lifestyles heritage, contemplating their origins and their current state-of-play. After outlining the arguments, putting them in an ancient context and indicating their importance, the e-book is going directly to take care of particular debates.
Jan Lambooy retired in October 2002. whilst Jan used to be requested how he desired to have fun this celebration, he used to be adamant that no nice festivities may still ensue. typically, Jan sought after only a clinical convention so he “could research whatever from it” and, as he insisted, no nice festivities. in order that is what we did and a convention used to be organised in Amsterdam on 25 October 2002, hosted by way of the college of Economics and Econometrics of the college of Amsterdam.
This ebook will represent the complaints of the ILP Workshop held in Abu Dhabi in December 2009. it's going to contain a reprint of the eleven papers released within the December 2010 factor of the AJGS, including eleven different unique papers.
Marine assets and their exploitation, restoration and monetary networks they generate are the following from the point of view now inevitable starting to be environmental constraints, coverage administration and technical innovation. A historic point of view indicates that Ocean and its adjoining seas perpetually, allowed coastal groups to conform to a really risky surroundings via many technological adjustments.
- From Meteorite Impact to Constellation City: A Historical Geography of Greater Sudbury
- A Theory of Interregional Dynamics: Models of Capital, Knowledge and Economic Structures (Lecture Notes in Economics and Mathematical Systems)
- Ocean Acidification:A National Strategy to Meet the Challenges of a Changing Ocean
- Services and Economic Development in the Asia-Pacific (The Dynamics of Economic Space)
Additional resources for Developments in the Theory and Practice of Cybercartography: Applications and Indigenous Mapping (Modern Cartography Series)
Developments in the Theory and Practice of Cybercartography: Applications and Indigenous Mapping (Modern Cartography Series) by D. R. F. Taylor,Tracey Lauriault