Infinite developed Service Order Administration for a leading US Telecom Service Provider to interface with Number Portability Administration Center (NPAC) enabling seamless wireless and wire line number portability processes.
The customer is a leading US telecom service provider that needs to provide real-time information and analytics for the Internet, telecommunications, entertainment and marketing companies. The customer is also a provider of clearinghouse and directory services to the global communications and Internet industry.
Enabling number portability seamlessly entails several challenges.
The customer needed a workflow management system that integrated Service Order Administration with Customer Order Management Services (OMS), clearinghouse for an end-to-end porting process.
The interface the service providers needed had to be a high performance web-based GUI
The system needed to enable single sign-on to all the NPAC regions.
There was a need to provide communication protocols derived from NPAC standards for exchange of porting transactions.
Infinite drew on its immense Application Management expertise to build an application development framework that was used to develop the solution.
The solution provided could receive requests for porting from the client’s upstream system as well as over the web, allowing a superior user experience to the client’s end customers.
To enable queries from external systems, Infinite’s solution built-in interfaces that provided them with updated status of their porting requests.
The solution met industry needs for number porting services over secured internet and also through simple interfaces to connect between SOA and the service provider’s upstream system.
Infinite’s solution provided the customer the ability to handle over 300,000 porting requests per month while maintaining optimum performance of the system
The solution allowed service providers to see the complete history and the current status of number porting requests through a secured web-based GUI.
The system was robust enough to handle scenarios arising from NPA split and Mass SPID migrations.
Bulk data download utilities imported customer specific network data elements and subscription version data obtained from NPAC into the SOA database
Java, J2EE, CORBA – Visibroker, Smart Socket, Tomcat, XML, XSL and Oracle
CMIP-like application layer protocol
SOAP interface with the customer’s upstream system
- To build a system that enabled seamless number portability across wireless and wire line
- High performance web-based GUI for the service provider
- Single sign-on to all NPAC regions
- Application built to receive requests for porting from the client’s upstream system as well as over the web
- Enabled queries from external systems, with built-in interfaces to provide updated status of porting requests
- Industry standard solution for number porting services over secured internet and simple interfaces to connect between SOA and the service provider’s upstream system.
- Handled over 300,000 porting requests per month with high performance quality
- Complete history and status of porting requests available through a secured web-based GUI.
- Able to handle scenarios arising from NPA split and Mass SPID migrations.
- Bulk data download utilities from NPAC into the SOA database
“The team is very responsive, hardworking, has a positive attitude, has in-depth knowledge of the product, committed to deliver quality work and proved to be reliable” ¬– Vice President Technical, Leading US Telecom Service Provider.
Infinite Computer Solutions is your partner in growth, providing flexible solutions that reduce costs, enable new business competences and drive continuous process improvements that contribute to increased revenues. With a global team of over 5000, Infinite partners with Fortune 500 companies from Telecom, Healthcare, Energy & Utilities, Media & Content and Banking & Finance industries to provide Application Management, Infrastructure Management and Product Engineering Services including Mobility & Messaging Products and Solutions.