By Martin J. Ball
- fills hole within the literature for speech-language pathologists by way of addressing how sociolinguistic study paradigms will be utilized to review, analysis and remedy within the medical situation
- collects newly commissioned articles written through most sensible students within the field
- includes chapters that define findings from sociolinguistic examine over the past forty years and element to the relevance of such findings for working towards speech-language pathologists
- discusses subject matters together with bilingualism, code-switching, language making plans, and African-American English
Read or Download Clinical Sociolinguistics (Language in Society) PDF
Similar linguistics books
Thirty-three million humans within the usa converse a few number of Spanish, making it the second one so much used language within the state. a few of these everyone is fresh immigrants from many various nations who've introduced with them the linguistic characteristics in their homelands, whereas others come from households who've lived during this state for centuries.
The move thought of regulate (MTC) makes one significant declare: that keep watch over family members in sentences like 'John desires to go away' are grammatically mediated by way of circulation. This is going opposed to the conventional view that such sentences contain no longer stream, yet binding, and analogizes keep watch over to elevating, albeit with one vital contrast: while the objective of circulate on top of things buildings is a theta place, in elevating it's a non-theta place; but the grammatical methods underlying the 2 structures are a similar.
The e-book provides an outline of Unua, certainly one of dialects of Unua-Pangkumu, an Oceanic language of Malakula Island, Vanuatu. Unua has approximately seven hundred audio system who're bilinguals utilizing Unua in neighborhood interactions and utilizing the nationwide language, Bislama, non-locally, in addition to in neighborhood public and spiritual settings.
Erstmals werden in dieser Publikation die Familiennamen des heutigen Luxemburgs aus sprachhistorischer Perspektive analysiert und systematisiert. Die 2500 häufigsten Familiennamen werden basierend auf synchronen und diachronen Quellen sorgfältig hinsichtlich Namentyp, Etymologie, sprachhistorischer Entwicklung und geographischer Verbreitung untersucht.
- Analogy in Word-formation: A Study of English Neologisms and Occasionalisms (Trends in Linguistics. Studies and Monographs [TiLSM])
- Abriss der althochdeutschen Grammatik: Mit Berücksichtigung des Altsächsischen (Sammlung kurzer Grammatiken germanischer Dialekte. C: Abrisse) (German Edition)
- Positive Psychology Perspectives on Foreign Language Learning and Teaching (Second Language Learning and Teaching)
- The Routledge Handbook of Forensic Linguistics (Routledge Handbooks in Applied Linguistics)
Extra resources for Clinical Sociolinguistics (Language in Society)
Clinical Sociolinguistics (Language in Society) by Martin J. Ball