Infinite developed and implemented a Digital Asset Management system to manage the creation and maintenance of the digital assets and their related metadata for a leading developer of high-profile, lifestyle oriented content.
The customer is a leading developer of high-profile, lifestyle-oriented content for multiple media platforms including television, digital, mobile and publishing. Their media portfolio includes various popular lifestyle brands, and their objective is to connect with viewers to provide relevant ideas, information and solutions every day, everywhere.
The existing system comprised of various documents residing on different file servers and various content management systems working independently across the organization. The lack of a single digital asset management tool for the organization presented the customer with a business need to better manage these digital assets centrally so that storage and retrieval became a painless, hassle-free task.
As part of the Digital Asset Management initiative, four processes were designed, developed, implemented and integrated into the client’s system infrastructure. Additionally, support for Adobe Digital Enterprise Platform was provided.
Process I: Ingestion of Digital Assets uploaded through a Portal into the centralized repository
- Ingestion mechanism to register assets delivered by Content Production Companies
- Validation of uploaded digital assets
- Failure management and notification
- Milestone completion and task reminder notifications
- Storage of digital assets in multiple required formats while providing configurable real time format conversion
Process II: Manage Digital Assets from Production Companies for Broadcasting – User Interface with view and play capabilities
- View and Play Digital Asset Workflows
- Editorial and Content production dashboards
Process III: Manage Digital Assets from Production Companies for Broadcasting –Review & Edit functionality
- Enhancements to existing Dashboards with Edit & Review functionalities
- Dashboard integration with other off-the-shelf and custom enterprise applications
Process IV: Manage Digital Assets for Printed Media and Collaborative Authoring
- Editorial dashboard to support Printed Media and Brand specific authoring
- Workflow notifications, actions and queues specific for Printed Media and in-house authored digital content.
- Dashboard integration with other in-house and off-the-shelf applications
These processes delivered workflow capabilities to author, review and monetize digital assets in multiple formats across different distribution channels.
- Infinite’s solution offered the following functionalities that positively impacted digital asset management
- Manage the creation and archive of digital assets and related metadata
- Manage rights, restrictions and tracking usage
- Manage relationships to other media assets including still images and videos (episodic, specials, and/or short-form) and between digital assets themselves
- Enable automated distribution and/or syndication of digital content
- The solution also allowed authorized staff to easily search for and access digital assets with rights information and related media assets
- Java, J2EE, TIBCO / JBOSS
- Adobe Digital Enterprise Platform (ADEP)
- SOAP interface with the customer’s upstream system
- To build a system that enabled seamless utilization of digital assets
- As part of the Digital Asset Management initiative, four processes were designed, developed, implemented and integrated into the client’s system infrastructure.
- Infinite’s solution allowed better management of the digital assets from creation and archival to management of their rights and restrictions. It also allowed users to manage relationships between assets while enabling tracking of content usage.
- The solution also allowed authorized staff to easily search for and access digital assets with rights information and related media assets.
“Working with Infinite has been nothing short of spectacular. Everything from delivery to account management is top-notch, with a keen focus on ensuring that Infinite gets the job done right the first time. Our experience working with Infinite has raised the bar for the other incumbents here, and will continue to be the standard to which we hold our third-party providers moving forward. Infinite has made more than just a name for itself. It has truly re-defined the meaning of the term “partner”.” ¬– Client Manager
Infinite Computer Solutions is your partner in growth, providing flexible solutions that reduce costs, enable new business competences and drive continuous process improvements that contribute to increased revenues. With a global team of over 5000, Infinite partners with Fortune 500 companies from Telecom, Healthcare, Energy & Utilities, Digital Publishing, and Banking & Finance industries to provide Application Management, IT Infrastructure Services and Product Engineering Services including Enterprise Mobility Solutions.