When a leading US Telecom company needed an activation system with a unified interface, designed to manage network services on a nationwide backbone network, they turned to Infinite’s proven end-to-end activation support that addressed both the performance and market requirements.
The customer is a leading US Telecom service provider that provides real-time information and analytics for the Internet, telecommunications, entertainment and marketing companies. The customer is also a provider of clearinghouse and directory services to the global communications and Internet industry.
The company needed to build a highly scalable, high performance system with latest state-of-the-art technologies to provide end-to-end activation support for provisioning systems, reconciliation and EMS like capabilities. The system also needed to provide activation, auto-discovery, reconciliation, recovery and cut-through capability to Network Elements. This system would be required to perform fault repair, troubleshooting and also enable manual intervention. Further the system would have to seamlessly integrate with other SSO-enabled OSS.
Infinite built a high performance activation support system for provisioning platforms. It enabled Auto-Discovery, Reporting, Reconciliation and restoration needs for provisioning platforms, offering EMS like capabilities to non-EMS devices. The system implemented a security system to support encryption and digital signatures. It had built-in triggers with monitoring systems that would indicate changes in the network. A robust auditing and reporting system enabled and ensured accountability and tractability of the backbone network.
Infinite’s solution provided a configuration driven interface to a remote facility, with the ability to handle over 100,000 activation requests per week. The solution resulted in huge cost savings by reducing the man hours spent on manual activation which was already in place. With the EMS like capabilities, the customer was able to move their current EMS operations on to Infinite’s solution. With this the customer was not required to renew their vendor EMS and EMS server licenses resulting in huge cost savings. The solution also provided access to real time data for quick and efficient resolution of network problems enabling fault management users to easily and efficiently manage activation fallouts.
- OS: Unix
- Technologies: JSP, CORBA, SOAP, Hibernate, Xdoclet
- Server: WebLogic
- Markup Technologies : XML, XSLT and HTML
- Database : DB2
- Languages: JAVA
- To build a scalable system to provide end-to-end activation support for provisioning systems, reconciliation and EMS like capabilities.
- To provide activation, auto-discovery, reconciliation, recovery and cut-through capability to Network Elements.
- To perform fault repair, troubleshooting and also enable manual intervention, while seamlessly integrating with other SSO-enabled OSS.
- The solution enabled Auto-Discovery, Reporting, Reconciliation and Restoration for provisioning platforms, offering EMS like capabilities to non-EMS devices.
- Security system to support encryption and digital signatures.
- Built-in triggers with monitoring systems that would indicate changes in the network.
- Robust auditing and reporting system.
- Configuration driven interface remotely handles over 100,000 activation requests per week.
- Cost savings by reducing the man hours spent on manual activation.
- The move of current EMS operations on to Infinite’s solution resulted in cost savings as there was no need to renew their vendor EMS and EMS server licenses.
- Access to real time data for quick and efficient resolution of network problems.
“We extend our thanks and appreciation to each and every one at Infinite, for all the hard work and dedication in delivering measurable results through the projects. Kudos and thank you all. Let’s keep this focus and momentum in delivering upcoming key projects, while ensuring stability of the product.” ¬– Manager, Wireline IT, Leading US Telecom Major
Infinite Computer Solutions is your partner in growth, providing flexible solutions that reduce costs, enable new business competences and drive continuous process improvements that contribute to increased revenues. With a global team of over 5000, Infinite partners with Fortune 500 companies from Telecom, Healthcare, Energy & Utilities, Media & Content and Banking & Finance industries to provide Application Management, Infrastructure Management and Product Engineering Services including Mobility & Messaging Products and Solutions.